Question Slow internet speed after Windows 10 reset

Nov 17, 2020
Hello everyone.

First of all let me mention you, that I am not so familiar with computers as many other people on here, so that's why I will write as much "easy to understand" than others. Also please don't hate me because of my English. I will try my best. Thank you.

Now let's go to my issue.

Few days ago I've done complete reset of Windows 10 and since that time I see that my internet download speed isn't quite the same as it was. Before complete reset I downloaded 2GB .rar file in less than 30seconds, but after this reset I saw that it took me 4 hours to download exactly the same .rar file. Also other .rar files taking so much longer than before.

I've done speed test on speedtest.net and my ping was 11ms, download speed was 148.36Mbps and upload speed was 14.72Mbps. I am not sure if these informations will help you to help me with my issue, but worth a try.

Is there anyone who could look at my issue and possibly explain why is this happening?

Thank you in advance,
Nick Riddle

A 2GB file at 150Megabits/Second would take 1 minute 46 seconds.

Where is the source of that 2GB file? Could be the source that is having a speed issue. Not you.

Have you tried downloading anything else from anywhere else? Steam game? Etc? Is your speed ok?

Nov 17, 2020
A 2GB file at 150Megabits/Second would take 1 minute 46 seconds.

Where is the source of that 2GB file? Could be the source that is having a speed issue. Not you.

Have you tried downloading anything else from anywhere else? Steam game? Etc? Is your speed ok?

I tried to download from several sites, but it didn't go over 370kb/s - 400kb/s.

Nov 17, 2020
Relocated files (Documents, Desktop, Images and Downloads) form D drive to C drive and seems now that speed increased. Why speed doesn't work on D drive the same as on C?