[SOLVED] Slow internet speed from only one PC on the network

Oct 19, 2019
One of the PCs on my network has recently experienced slow speeds about a week ago from my ISP. Tested speeds result in about 8 mbps down and 0.1 mbps up. Other pcs and wifi test about 20+ mbps down and 10+ mbps up. Tests are done on a custom speedtest site that my ISP uses.

Specs for the PC as per below. This is also on a wired connection.

CPU: I5-4670K @ 3.4 Ghz
Mobo: Asus Maximus VI Formula Z87
RAM: 16 gig
Network Card: Tp-Link TG-3468
GPU: MSI Lightning 980 GTX TI

The only major change I can think of is that one of my storage HDD failed about a week ago, but I already don't have it installed for almost one month prior. My OS is installed on a crucial M500 SSD.

I tested the cables through another router and it tests out fine, even changed the network card just the other day to the one listed above. I have also tired various network commands including netsh winsock reset, ipconfig /release and renew with no improvements.

I have also ran windows defender and malware bytes and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Solution
Thanks for response. I booted my system in safe mode with networking and the speed ended up being normal @ 20 mbps down & 10mbps up.

I have managed to solve the issue after doing a system rollback.

popatim

Titan
Perhaps it , the nic, is set to 10mb instead of 100 or 1000 in it's windows settings.
There are led's by the jack on the card to let you know the link speed it has made with the router. Something like a wrong cable type (cat3 vs 5, 5e, or 6) could force it to 10mb mode even though 1000 is set.

Oct 19, 2019
Thanks for response. I booted my system in safe mode with networking and the speed ended up being normal @ 20 mbps down & 10mbps up.

I have managed to solve the issue after doing a system rollback.

Solution
Oct 19, 2019
Before I did the system restore, I looked at the rollback list and it was mostly windows updates, chrome update and an update from Apex Legends. I may have missed something as I just quickly skimmed the list.

The only recent software that I recently reinstalled was GeForce Experience since the screenshot function was bugging out on me. But that was back in the beginning of October and my internet was still working fine back then.