[SOLVED] Slow internet speed on ASRock H170M-ITX/ac

Mar 4, 2021
Hello,
I am having issues with my motherboard restricting my wireless internet speeds. This started up a few days ago. After a fresh restart, my internet speeds are fine, usually around 100 mbps with google fiber. Give it 5 mintues and then speed rates are down to single digits. No other device on the network is having issues. The only workaround I have found is to restart my computer which is annoying. I ran antivirus and antimalware scans with no success. And NZXT isnt showing any component limitations but does show low network rates. Is there a way to fix this? I really only play games and browse websites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are you working with the Ethernet port or wirelessly? What is the make and model of your wireless router? If there is no device between the motherboard/system and the ISP, then see if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates, then check to see which OS version you're currently on. Following that, try uninstalling and reinstalling your networking adapter's drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are you working with the Ethernet port or wirelessly? What is the make and model of your wireless router? If there is no device between the motherboard/system and the ISP, then see if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates, then check to see which OS version you're currently on. Following that, try uninstalling and reinstalling your networking adapter's drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution