Slow internet speed on router (TP-MR3320)

Pedro_30

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm having a pretty annoying problem, my router is a TP-Link MR3320 with the updated firmware and with a recent factory reset (only thing I did was set the Wifi password) so I know is not something I changed accidentally.

The problem arises around 3-11pm, the internet slows to a crawl, otherwise it works just fine in the morning. I tried connecting my PC directly to the Modem (no router) and the speeds work just fine so the problem is located in the router section.

I disabled all external connections, checked for wifi stealing with no problems anywhere, changed the cables, changed everything but the problem is still present.

Any ideas? comments? suggestions? help? Thank you very much in advance.

Solution
Sounds like there is interference of some sort. You need to change the channel the wifi is on. Log back into the router and, some where with in the wifi tab you will see channel, it may be on auto right now. Try channel 1 then 6 then 11 and see which works best for you during the times you are having the issue

JohnnyBoy05

Reputable
May 8, 2015
Sounds like there is interference of some sort. You need to change the channel the wifi is on. Log back into the router and, some where with in the wifi tab you will see channel, it may be on auto right now. Try channel 1 then 6 then 11 and see which works best for you during the times you are having the issue

Solution