Slow internet speeds on only my phone

Zac_13

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
I have a Samsung galaxy J3 that gets really slow speeds. This is the only device on the network that does this. The average speed on the phone is around .5 Mbps down. I can run the same speed test on my computer right next to it and it gets 50Mbps (my advertised speed). This problem has been happening randomly for months and only persists for a few days at a time. I have Xfinity's router if that helps.

Solution
It doesn't have anything to do with your router. Your phone is defective. I got a brand new phone that got around 1Mb/s DL speeds while my internet is actually around 60Mb/s DL speeds. The phone was defective, so I sent it back. If you have a warranty on the phone, send it back. If its older and you don't have a warranty, I would just look into getting a new phone.

_danielpwils01

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
It doesn't have anything to do with your router. Your phone is defective. I got a brand new phone that got around 1Mb/s DL speeds while my internet is actually around 60Mb/s DL speeds. The phone was defective, so I sent it back. If you have a warranty on the phone, send it back. If its older and you don't have a warranty, I would just look into getting a new phone.

Solution