[SOLVED] Slow internet

Sep 24, 2020
I reseted my windows. My internet was working fine before, but when i reseted my windows it started being slow. First 5-10 mins of download it downloads normally like 10MB/s and in task manager it uses like 50-60%. But after that 10 mins it starts slowing down and goes to max 18% in task manager and max download speed of 1-2MB/s. I tried few things in cmd and network reset but nothing worked. I would be glad for any help. Thanks

Sep 24, 2020
Did you install the NIC's drivers or not? Some of them are fine without the drivers and there are some that really needs it to function properly.
I did not, but i didn't install them before and it worked fine, i'll try to downlaod them and try it again

Last edited:

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
Check your router settings, and set your PC to the highest priority if that option is available.

* And you don't have any bloated software installed that could interfere with your connection right? Such as ASUS Gamefirst, etc.

Sep 24, 2020
Check fast.com and dslreports.com/speedtest. I suspect that it's actually your drive that's slowing down and not your Internet.
if i do fast.com or so it shows me different numbers everytime. I can't rely on it, and tried installed other driver but it still works the same

Sep 24, 2020
Both of those testing sites should be at least in a range of some sort. If they both are not, you potentially have isp issues. I would try them on another wired device.
I just tried it on other pc and it still downloads slow, so today i'll call the IPS and ask them.