Question Slow Laptop

Jun 19, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have a Dell laptop Inspiron 15 - 5558. The specs that I have are core i7 2.4 GHz CPU and 16GB ram and when I bought it it has 1TB SATA hard drive then I upgrade it to SSD later. I bought it in 2015 and it was working fine until after 3 years of using it started getting very slow because I had a lot of application on it. So I stopped using it for almost a year then I decided to fix it.
I started by moving all my data to another laptop and then I did a hard format and a fresh clean installation of Windows 10. I did it a couple of times and no luck still very slow like it takes almost a minute to load the windows, when opening a folder it takes like 5 seconds or maybe more to open it, when you type something in the windows search will take time to display what you wrote etc. Anyway I finally decided to upgrade the hard drive to 500GB SSD Samsung and after the upgrade still the same very slow even with clean windows 10 installation. By the way, my battery life is bad and it's not charging but I tried running the laptop without the battery and still the same performance, I tried every diagnostic tool ever exists and it says your system is fine, I also updated all my drivers and my windows are up to date. so any suggestions, Thanks to everyone in advance I really appreciate any help.

Jun 19, 2019
I found out that the AC adapter that came with the laptop right from the box is 45 watt which is not enough. While it needs more than that as the CPU reduce it's power, so if you change your AC adapter to higher wattage which could be more than 65 watt will fix the issue right away, also I replaced my Hard disk to SSD will make it super fast.