Slow Network Error

ybliku2

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
We are constantly getting "slow network" error. The only way to fix it is to turn the router/modem off and let it recycle. Would a new router/modem help? We are on Frontier network, using one of the ancient NetGear7550 outfits. I am electronically challenged, but my husband is pretty good. We are looking at possibly purchasing our own router/modem. Any suggestions for a good one that would support 2 cell phones and 2 laptops (all going at one time, max)? Thank you for any help you can give.

Solution

Hello,

If a reboot of the modem fixes the issue then yes it sounds like it may be on its death bed.I have a lot of experience in networking and to be honest I have not really heard of an issue like this before though. However routers...

flamery

Honorable
Jan 14, 2015

Hello,

If a reboot of the modem fixes the issue then yes it sounds like it may be on its death bed.I have a lot of experience in networking and to be honest I have not really heard of an issue like this before though. However routers are cheap as chips these days so it will do no harm to buy a new one. The best are Linksys (however are a bit pricier) also netconn, huawei, netgear, tp-link also make decent quality stuff which are well priced.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS