[SOLVED] Slow Network Speed when Gaming but not Anything Else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2020
I'm having an issue with my network speed where I have extremely low speeds when I play any game but my speeds are normal when streaming videos and browsing. In my task manager my network speed doesn't go higher than .5 Mbps when playing games but when I open 5 tabs on a browser all playing videos at the same time the task manager reports up to 15 Mbps.

Problem with these games
Valorant, Fortnite, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Download 150 Mbps
Upload 10 Mbps
Connection is Wired with NO wireless adapter connected
These speeds are consistent across many speed tests sites.

Solution
The game does not need anymore bandwidth. It only transfer information about your position in relationship to other players the the game itself is completely loaded on your machine.

Games are intentionally designed this way. The game companies want as many customers as possible and there are many people who have very slow DSL connections that still can only get say 1mbps up and down.

Even your videos are a example of only using what they need. If the video company allowed you to completely download the video and then play it back from your hard disk it would transfer at 150mbps.

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
What has changed? or was it always like this? Could be a lower priority for online game traffic. is that speed hindering you in those games? Any new modem, switch, new service provider?

The game does not need anymore bandwidth. It only transfer information about your position in relationship to other players the the game itself is completely loaded on your machine.

Games are intentionally designed this way. The game companies want as many customers as possible and there are many people who have very slow DSL connections that still can only get say 1mbps up and down.

Even your videos are a example of only using what they need. If the video company allowed you to completely download the video and then play it back from your hard disk it would transfer at 150mbps.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.