Question Slow PC after changing fans

Jun 7, 2022
Hi guys, I just changed my CPU and case fans for Noctua ones to get a quiet PC.
Unfortunately the PC run very slowly now, even the boot and the bios are quite slow.
The temperature of my CPU is 31c so I imagine this isn't the cause. But maybe this temperature is wrong and the sensor give false info?
The fan speeds looks ok, no error displayed anywhere. After boot CPU usage 3%, memory 20% all seems fine but it's still very slow, even userbenchmark told me that my PC has very bad performance and can barely be used to navigate on internet...
I checked that the NH-U12S redux is compatible with my motherboard.
One thing I did wrong was not cleaning up the old thermal paste before putting the new fan. Would it really cause this?

Any idea?

My conf:
Ryzen 5600x
Asus Prime B550 Plus
16Go RAM 3200
Win11

Hi guys, I just changed my CPU and case fans for Noctua ones to get a quiet PC.
Unfortunately the PC run very slowly now, even the boot and the bios are quite slow.
The temperature of my CPU is 31c so I imagine this isn't the cause. But maybe this temperature is wrong and the sensor give false info?
The fan speeds looks ok, no error displayed anywhere. After boot CPU usage 3%, memory 20% all seems fine but it's still very slow, even userbenchmark told me that my PC has very bad performance and can barely be used to navigate on internet...
I checked that the NH-U12S redux is compatible with my motherboard.
One thing I did wrong was not cleaning up the old thermal paste before putting the new fan. Would it really cause this?

Any idea?

My conf:
Ryzen 5600x
Asus Prime B550 Plus
16Go RAM 3200
Win11
yes on the thermal paste need s to be cleaned before new cooler install