Question Slow pc after upgrade?

YoshiAbyss

Prominent
Aug 27, 2020
I recently upgraded to a new motherboard and transferred all my original components over to the new board(ASRock-H81M), I noticed that my pc was running super slow. So i turned off the option on the bios for having a second monitor, I thought that this worked but when playing any sort of game i noticed super slow speeds. I looked on task manager and saw that 80%+ of my ram was being used, 6.9GB of 8GB, only playing Terraria, this seems very unusual to me, and before my upgrade I was able to play any game i owned eg. GTAV, at high graphics and i was fine. I followed one tutorial that told me to reinstall windows and I also did that. I have ordered a new cable so I can put my second monitor into my graphics card (Gigabyte 1050ti), could it be that the small form factor graphics card that i used with my old Optiplex 9020 be the one that is causing problems? I dont rreally know so please help me if anyone can.

YoshiAbyss

Prominent
Aug 27, 2020
Sorry for the long wait
Did you sysprep your Windows installation before the swap?

Was the mobo the only hardware change?
No I did not sysprep, I had to look up what that was.
I also changed the motherboard cooler? The original pc was a Dell optiplex 9020 so i had to get a new motherboard to fit the new case i bought. I have no clue what I would have to ask for if I was to get it seen by a prof, so if someon ecould help to tell me what the problem actually is I can then get it seen to.

TRENDING THREADS