[SOLVED] Slow pc, problems with hdd

Jan 2, 2019
My pc is running slow for a couple of minutes after turning it on. I enter chrome and it opens quickly, but pages take a lot of time to load for about 15 minutes after turning my pc on. I thought this is a problem wit ram, but when ai enter task manager my Drive is at 100%, so is this the problem? I will probably buy an m.2 (250gb, kingston), will this fix it? Is it compatible and are there any other problems with my pc Specs: CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g with vega 8 Ram: 2x4 gb 2933mhz HDD: WD 7200 1tb blue Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H

Solution
Kindly check which process is using the HDD resource.... Problem will be from superfetch or from any other process... Stop the service then check if the problem is solved
I wouldn't do this. It could be a mission critical process and disabling random services can cause problems.

It is common for 100% disk usage and poor performance on mechanical drives anymore. I would definately suggest getting an SSD to speed up the system and lower drive usage.

As for SSD, a Crucial MX500 is a good choice, but a Kingston A400 2.5in or m.2 SATA drive can be a good option for a budget drive.

shivababbli

Distinguished
My pc is running slow for a couple of minutes after turning it on. I enter chrome and it opens quickly, but pages take a lot of time to load for about 15 minutes after turning my pc on. I thought this is a problem wit ram, but when ai enter task manager my Drive is at 100%, so is this the problem? I will probably buy an m.2 (250gb, kingston), will this fix it? Is it compatible and are there any other problems with my pc Specs: CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g with vega 8 Ram: 2x4 gb 2933mhz HDD: WD 7200 1tb blue Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Kindly check which process is using the HDD resource.... Problem will be from superfetch or from any other process... Stop the service then check if the problem is solved

I wouldn't do this. It could be a mission critical process and disabling random services can cause problems.

It is common for 100% disk usage and poor performance on mechanical drives anymore. I would definately suggest getting an SSD to speed up the system and lower drive usage.

As for SSD, a Crucial MX500 is a good choice, but a Kingston A400 2.5in or m.2 SATA drive can be a good option for a budget drive.

Solution

shivababbli

Distinguished

Just give it a try .... Even a HDD wouldn't take that long to open a page....

It's not uncommon for a HDD to remain near 100% usage for the first few minutes on startup. I would agree that 15 minutes is longer than expected. Could be a lot of junk trying to load during startup.

Getting an SSD would fix this (by requiring a fresh OS install) and more (being faster in general) for a small cost.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019
Is this m.2 ssd good and will I be able to fit some games and windows 10 on it?
250GB Kingston SKC2000M8