Question Slow Pc

Mar 25, 2019
Hello,

I just bought my new Gaming PC, it's working just fine when am in game ( highest graphics and no FPS drop ), but when i get to windows navigation ( internet browsing, etc..) it gets slow ( google chrome don't open instantly and same for everything else).

Do you think this is related to software or hardware?

Thank you for you help and sorry if this is the wrong category of thread.

flyingbison

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
Depends on what you mean with "New gaming PC" Just post your specs and ill check (=
Ofc this could also be software related (you should have posted this under Windows but whatever i guess).
Is your Windows installed newly or is it installed ages ago and already bloated with all kinds of software?

Mar 25, 2019
Depends on what you mean with "New gaming PC" Just post your specs and ill check (=
Ofc this could also be software related (you should have posted this under Windows but whatever i guess).
Is your Windows installed newly or is it installed ages ago and already bloated with all kinds of software?
Here are the spec :
Intel I5-8400
Gigabyte RX 580
Kingston Hyper x 8gb 2400 mhz
Harddrive 1 TB st1000M010

Windows was installed by the shop where the pc was built.

Sorry for posting in the wrong place, I don't know if I can move it.

Last edited:

flyingbison

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
With 8 GB of RAM you should watch how much is being used with the taskmanager. If all your Ram is used up programms (your entire system realy) usually respond much slower.
If you see the problem you described occuring while your RAM isnt completly utillized you could consider to reinstall windows, if you dont know how to do that there are many tutorials on youtube.
But maybe its just your hardrive (HDD) that is to slow. Its normal for programms to take a few seconds to load up if they are installed on a normal HDD. I dont know what exactly you mean by "slow" so i cant tell if your problem is cause by normal HDD speeds or a bloated OS i can only list possibilities