slow performance after Win re-install, GF2 GTS, T-Bird

G

I have an MSI KT7 Pro mobo, GeForce2 GTS, and 800 T-Bird. I installed the new VIA 4-in-1 drivers and they seemingly hosed my system pretty good. Nothing I could do seemed to work, so I formatted the HD and re-installed Win98SE. But after the re-install, everything seems to be running much slower than it should be. You can tell just by dragging a window across the screen -- it's jerkier than the silky-smooth I was used to before the re-install. Q3 runs, but also slower than it used to. I'm using the 5.22 Det drivers and yes, I've tried the 6.31 Dets as well. It just seems like a system-wide bog down. Tech support, in all their brilliance, gave me the usual "It must be a virus, so delete all your partitions, format and start over." Yeah, thanks. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

G

I posted almost identical concern last nite..might want to check replies...sine then I've reinstalled 5.25 drivers and set bios at agp2...from the boards it seems like agp4 doesn't gain much, and agp2 seems more stable...some games are running better under directx 7...right now i'm installing directx 8.....we'll see what happens...

TRENDING THREADS