Question Slow Performance, HELP!

_Nurvus_

Prominent
Oct 18, 2020
So lately I have noticed my PC has been behaving rather slow compared to how it once was. Programs are not opening quickly, dragging a window will lag behind my mouse. System will sometimes fully freeze then come back to life. So I decided to do a fresh Windows install ( I had windows 10, then upgraded to 11 a while ago, then went back to 10 which i have been using for the last few months, and now installing 11 again) usually a freah install will take me about 10 minutes (sometimes less) to get to the point where I am at my desktop and ready to install any updates and programs. However, for the past few times installing windows it has taken roughly 30+ minutes to reach that point. Im installing from USB onto a 500GB Samsung 970EvoPlus NVMe.

System Specs
MOBO: Asus ROG B450F gaming
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2x 16GB @3200MHz)
GPU: Asus ROG RTX 3060
2x 500GB NVMe Samsung 970EvoPlus
2x 1TB SSD
2x 4TB HDD

I work as a technician at a repair shop and I do fresh windows installs on a very regular basis on systems with lower specs than mine, yet I can finish an install on a lower end system in less time.

Sorry if this is not posted in the right section.

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to add the make and model of your PSU as well as it's age. BIOS version for your motherboard?

I work as a technician at a repair shop and I do fresh windows installs
A side note, where did you source the installer for your OSes?

_Nurvus_

Prominent
Oct 18, 2020
BIOS ver. 4702
PSU is a EVGA 650 N1 its about 2 years old now.

The windows 11 and 10 iso files came directly from The MS website and i use them for other systems at work sometimes several times each day with no issues.