[SOLVED] Slow RAM

Solution
I suspect it's possibly a bios issue. Great your running the DIMMS at 2800. You should be able to get them to 3200mhz by choosing the correct XMP profile.

I'd suggest updating the bios (as this ensures more mem compatibility) then do CMOS clear, and then you will hopefully be able to set XMP at 3200mhz.

Let us know how you get on with that.
Hey there,

Firstly, although userbench is useful, it's not something I'd be worrying too much about in terms of what it shows hardware wise

Download and install CPU-z. Run it and open up the 'Memory' tab. Post a screenshot of it here. Then open the 'SPD' tab, and post another screenshot of 1 of the mem slots populated.

Then we can determine exactly what speed it's running at.

Sep 18, 2020
Hey there,

Firstly, although userbench is useful, it's not something I'd be worrying too much about in terms of what it shows hardware wise

Download and install CPU-z. Run it and open up the 'Memory' tab. Post a screenshot of it here. Then open the 'SPD' tab, and post another screenshot of 1 of the mem slots populated.

Then we can determine exactly what speed it's running at.
I have my RAM sticks in slots 2, and 4 because my fan is too large for me to put it in slot 1. But, here are the screenshots.

https://postimg.cc/t1Gz0RQy

Thank you for replying

Sep 18, 2020
That's very odd. Are all your drivers and bios up to date? Are you sure XMP is running? It doesn't look like it from the screenshots.

It could be that your bios is corrupt, or CMOS is gone, and not saving the bios correctly when you exit.
Yes, I have had XMP on, but as far as I could remember, my RAM has always been slow. Could it be that my motherboard doesn’t support the frequency that the RAM is using?

Well, defo check for a new bios. It could very well be that. Make sure to do a CMOS clear afterwards, to ensure the bios takes 100% and clears properly.

Seeing as you are doing that, you might get a new CMOS battery to make sure that's not gone, which would result in your changes in the bios not saving.

Sep 18, 2020
Well, defo check for a new bios. It could very well be that. Make sure to do a CMOS clear afterwards, to ensure the bios takes 100% and clears properly.

Seeing as you are doing that, you might get a new CMOS battery to make sure that's not gone, which would result in your changes in the bios not saving.
I hadn’t done anything that was posted in the past few days. I was waiting for this morning to do something, and I’ve spent an hour trying to boot my computer up, and it doesn’t get past DRAM on my EZDebug LED on my motherboard. Does this mean I’m going to need to buy new RAM? Or is this a motherboard issue?

Sep 18, 2020
I'd suspect. given it's new ram, it's possibly the ram, rather than mobo.

Can't be certain though. If the ram is new RMA it and ask for replacement or refund.
Not even 5 minutes ago, I just got my pc to turn on, and now my frequency is running at 2800 MHz, I couldn’t tell you how, or how that makes sense.

I suspect it's possibly a bios issue. Great your running the DIMMS at 2800. You should be able to get them to 3200mhz by choosing the correct XMP profile.

I'd suggest updating the bios (as this ensures more mem compatibility) then do CMOS clear, and then you will hopefully be able to set XMP at 3200mhz.

Let us know how you get on with that.

Solution