Question Slow rendering / low distance in every game. Textures popping up... Etc

Sorry, but i don't really get it. How am i using 19gb vram on wow? Sorry a bit confused. Why is this?
ApObujn.png

5.6GB VRAM used by D3D, that would be your game
15.2GB VRAM usage total, that means 10GB VRAM used by something not related with your game (some background process)

Sep 11, 2020
However, the same issue persists after changing the resolution and graphics... ETC. I found out that i have the same problem with my older graphics card. But i remember that this issue came when changing the cpu cooler now.

However, the same issue persists after changing the resolution and graphics... ETC. I found out that i have the same problem with my older graphics card. But i remember that this issue came when changing the cpu cooler now.
look in eventviewer if you have any app which reports radar-preleak
Rpzge1A.png

it doesnt mean that such app has memory leak, just a warning that app has high memory utilisation

Sep 11, 2020
That's definitely true. I'll send a picture of event viewer in a lil bit. Gonna put it in imagur. I reinstalled the pc today actually. However i had this issue before and after. Never had this issue before however. I'd say it's more ram related maybe? Had no problems running the game on 4k or 1080p. I'm stuttering a bit no matter what resolution and no matter what graphics settings.

I'm honestly at a loss as to why a game like WoW would be able to max out an RX 6800 XT. There has to be a bug in the game because if an RX 6800 XT is running out of VRAM, then every card that isn't an RX 6900/50 XT, RTX 3090/Ti, RX 7900 XT(X) or RTX 4090 should also be running out of VRAM. I also think that it's a bug in the game because from what I'm seeing, it keeps allocating huge chunks of VRAM even when you drop the resolution (which shouldn't happen, ever).

I would try two things:
1.) Re-install WoW
2.) Look in Adrenalin to see if there's a setting that affects VRAM usage. I'm at work right now and so I can't check it myself but it might be worth a look.

I'm sorry that I don't have any solid ideas for you but I did want to say that you have a really cool name. (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: healthy Pro-teen
Sep 11, 2020
I'm honestly at a loss as to why a game like WoW would be able to max out an RX 6800 XT. There has to be a bug in the game because if an RX 6800 XT is running out of VRAM, then every card that isn't an RTX 3090/Ti, RX 7900 XT(X) or RTX 4090 should also be running out of VRAM.

I'm sorry that I don't have any ideas for you but I did want to say that you have a really cool name. (y)
Hello! My thought aswell. Wow is too old to be maxing out on vram. I know more about parts in general but when it comes to what stuff do and so on i just get lost. Atleast when it comes to side stuff. Like vram and power limits etc. I'm more capable of stuff like what motherboard does, cpu... Etc.

Hello! My thought aswell. Wow is too old to be maxing out on vram. I know more about parts in general but when it comes to what stuff do and so on i just get lost. Atleast when it comes to side stuff. Like vram and power limits etc. I'm more capable of stuff like what motherboard does, cpu... Etc.
Check my post again. Right after I did it, two ideas popped into my head and I edited it. They might be useless, but you never know...

Sep 11, 2020
I'm honestly at a loss as to why a game like WoW would be able to max out an RX 6800 XT. There has to be a bug in the game because if an RX 6800 XT is running out of VRAM, then every card that isn't an RTX 3090/Ti, RX 7900 XT(X) or RTX 4090 should also be running out of VRAM. I also think that it's a bug in the game because from what I'm seeing, it keeps allocating huge chunks of VRAM even when you drop the resolution (which shouldn't happen, ever).

I would try two things:
1.) Re-install WoW
2.) Look in Adrenalin to see if there's a setting that affects VRAM usage. I'm at work right now and so I can't check it myself but it might be worth a look.

I'm sorry that I don't have any solid ideas for you but I did want to say that you have a really cool name. (y)
I have already reinstalled wow. + reinstall the whole pc today. The issue persists sadly. I just did a ddu removal on both nvidia and amd now. So currently installing the drivers for my rx 6800xt. However the amd settings are on default. Beside the undervolting.