Question slow router speed

Jun 7, 2019
so i just got a new router from tplink, and it worked flawlesly. but now after about 1-2 months of use my wifi is so slow. we have and laptop and my gaming pc connected and both have around 2mbps speed. i didnt have a modem or ethernet, so i used our old router wich supports sim cards. so i connected my new router to it and it worked flawlesly. but now the "modem router" wich supports sim cards is super slow wich causes my problem. the routers are super close to my pc. about 1.5 meters. netflix on the laptop works really well but you can barely watch youtube videos on my pc.

Prominent
BANNED
Oct 25, 2017
it's likely not the TP-LINK. perhaps there is some signal interference that is new - perhaps you moved some furniture, the CATV modem, something

(sim card? (those are typically for phones). do you mean ethernet card? never mind)

worst case should be this: reset CATV modem and TP-LINK modem, place TP-LINK closer to devices (to insure distance isn't the issue). it should work.

you could have a Windows10 problem - perhaps your bandwidth is being eaten up by background apps running that you never agreed to have running - which also run up your CATV bill $$$

also: if you surpass your monthly bandwidth limit your CATV provider may "pinch you down to 2mbps" until next month. be sure to stay inside your download limit

Jun 7, 2019
I dont think that its the bills or that. Also its an huawei B315S LTE router wich works with simcard that cabt make phonecalls.
Sometimes i get 7-5mbps. Ive read an article where people were discussing about slow speeds of B315S routers, and one person solved the problem by just simply resetting the router to its factory settings. But im not able to do it now. Annoying. Im not home. But ill try the resetting and if no im gonna come back here