Slow Speed with 2.93 ghz

DigiBoh

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017
I have a Pentinum Dual Core e6500 with 2.93 ghz with 8 gigs of ram. Running windows 7 64 bit. What could be the reason for it running slow? I have run virus scanns of all kinds on safe mode and reg. I have run the same apps Ill - photo -
chrome - outlook for years with no changes. Thanks.

Solution
Especially chrome, has gotten to be a much "heavier" application over time. That could slow you down. The developers assume a standard level of hardware, which keeps increasing, and add features to take advantage of the greater hardware. Your photos may have gotten bigger (more megapixels) as your phone or camera has changed over time.
But, just having years and years of Windows updates and other stuff makes Windows slower. A clean OS install might bring back some of the "zip" ...

kanewolf

Titan
Especially chrome, has gotten to be a much "heavier" application over time. That could slow you down. The developers assume a standard level of hardware, which keeps increasing, and add features to take advantage of the greater hardware. Your photos may have gotten bigger (more megapixels) as your phone or camera has changed over time.
But, just having years and years of Windows updates and other stuff makes Windows slower. A clean OS install might bring back some of the "zip" ...

Solution

DigiBoh

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017
Thanks everyone! I am looking to build a new one in the future! Just no funds right now. I did a hd test and it comes back as functional but i do have a gazillion chrome tabs open so theres that! What are you recommendations for comouters. I am a photographer and graphic designer who likes to watch hd movies and play games at times!