Question Slow SSD load times

Tobaewan

Reputable
Oct 23, 2019
First of all I’m new here been a log time lurker but never posted. So hello everyone I hope you are all doing well.

I come to you all in hope that you can help me as I’m at wits end. I built a brand new system and am having really slow load times from the programs on my “storage” SSD. I used this same SSD in my old intel system and had no issues, but now that it’s in my new amd system it loads incredibly slow. It’s not the boot drive, that’s a brand new intel 660 series NVME and it seems to be loading up quite quickly with no issues.

specs are:
Ryzen 7 3700x
16GB gskill trident neo 3600 MHz
The SSD I’m having issues with is a 1TB SanDisk ultra
Boot drive is a 1TB intel 660 NVME

any help is greatly appreciated as I’ve tried everything that I know to try or can google to try been trying to resolve this for a week (optimizing, ahci settings, xmp profiles etc)

thanks

First of all I’m new here been a log time lurker but never posted. So hello everyone I hope you are all doing well.

I come to you all in hope that you can help me as I’m at wits end. I built a brand new system and am having really slow load times from the programs on my “storage” SSD. I used this same SSD in my old intel system and had no issues, but now that it’s in my new amd system it loads incredibly slow. It’s not the boot drive, that’s a brand new intel 660 series NVME and it seems to be loading up quite quickly with no issues.

specs are:
Ryzen 7 3700x
16GB gskill trident neo 3600 MHz
The SSD I’m having issues with is a 1TB SanDisk ultra
Boot drive is a 1TB intel 660 NVME

any help is greatly appreciated as I’ve tried everything that I know to try or can google to try been trying to resolve this for a week (optimizing, ahci settings, xmp profiles etc)

thanks
what mobo do you have make sure you don't have it plugged into a slower sata port most boards have like 1,2,3 as 6gbs sata transfer. 4,5,and if 6 , 7 ,etc are about 3gbs. not always but so far in my exp that's been the case most the time

Tobaewan

Reputable
Oct 23, 2019
I guess I’m just gonna have to write down all the data that I feel like I need and then format the drive and reinstall all the stuffs as I don’t know what else to do