[SOLVED] Slow SSD? WD Blue SN550 500GB NVMe PCIe SSD

johnsoner13

Respectable
Hello, for some reason my SSD seems to be running slowly, at least relatively anyways. I built my friend a PC recently and his SSD and mobo are the exact same as mine, same capacity SSD as well, yet he always loads in faster than me when we play games. Also, when I play alone in certain games with random people, I notice that they also always load in before me. In CrystalDiskInfo it says my SSD is at 100% health and the read and write speeds in CrystalDiskMark seem to be in accordance with the specs, so I have no idea why this "issue" (if I'm not overlooking something) is occurring.
One other thing I noticed is that my PC is slow to open my downloads folder, where it says something like "working on it" and takes a little bit to display all the files. There aren't really that many files in there.
Could it be some kind of motherboard issue? I've noticed a while ago that my motherboard's onboard audio no longer works and am wondering what other issues there could possibly be with it.
I've tried without both of my other SATA drives plugged in, to no avail.
My specs:
RX 5700
Ryzen 5 2600
b450 tomahawk max
wd 1 tb hdd
kingston 240 gb ssd (not the ssd in question)
WD blue sn550 500gb
evga supernova g2 650w gold
trident z rgb 3200mhz cl16

Last edited:
Solution
i have the same ssd in question and i have no problems at all with it in fact while playing csgo or other games most of the time im the first one in server. I suggest you format your pc or just the ssd in case there are some viruses on your system

ersnnerdem

Prominent
Aug 21, 2020
i have the same ssd in question and i have no problems at all with it in fact while playing csgo or other games most of the time im the first one in server. I suggest you format your pc or just the ssd in case there are some viruses on your system

Solution