Question Slow start up 70+ seconds

OnlyAlex

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
Hi guys,

My PC has started being incredibly slow when starting up. It jumped from around 12 seconds 15 seconds restarting but from cold boot 40 seconds. Now I have just turned the PC on and it took 70+ seconds from cold boot. How do I work out what's going on to cause this? Something clearly isn't right. :(

OnlyAlex

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
When you say you haven't used it for a day or two, is it off, hibernating?
Completely switched off. It also does the same thing if it has been hibernating for a day or so. It seems to be a really slow POST on the ASUS black screen which says UEFI if I don't use the PC for a day. If I turn off the PC and then use it again an hour or so later or restart the start up time is much better at around 11 seconds.

OnlyAlex

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have a PC which I have had since 2015 and it's been fine up until now. It was in Legacy BIOS with TPM and secure boot off and was starting up in around 8 seconds. In order to get ready for Windows 11 the disks were converted to GPT and Windows was installed. BIOS now UEFI and secure boot enabled and TPM on. This is where the problem has started. POST on the PC takes 40 seconds! I have tried everything. Disabling CSM, reinstalling Windows, checking RAM and SSD health, boot manager etc. Everything is working fine. No problems.

When I restart the PC is takes 7/8 seconds, but from cold boot it takes 40 seconds.

The only thing I can think of is the mobo having a glitch or not working properly? I have cleared the CMOS and that did nothing.

Any ideas as giving up with it?

Thanks