May 27, 2024
I've searched around a bit and found a few mostly similar cases to mine, and when I've gone through the troubleshooting suggestions none of them have worked. My home built PC has been booting slower than normal for some time now. It's gone from booting in maybe 10 seconds to 2 or 3 minutes. The inconvenience has been fine because my PC operates perfectly beyond that, but it's been bugging me that there might be something deeper wrong. It all started when I removed my WiFi card, "realtek gaming family controller 2.5gbe", as it's performance was quite poor so I switched to my USB.

I have uninstalled the driver for this card since then and that didn't change anything. I've performed every check from the following sources:

None of these solved it.

Here is the most recent boot log:
https://1drv.ms/t/s!AkwzoyIgBz62h8Yy4D2gu7c-2-Kh6Q?e=96b6oS

The only indication of what might be wrong is that "BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys" appears 4 or 5 times every boot, along with "BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\NDProxy.sys" a few times, and "BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\wd\WdFilter.sys" once or twice. There are no error lights on the motherboard's debug lights.

If you've got any possible solutions please assume I don't know what I'm doing, I'm not too experienced with debugging hardware like this.

-Edit-

Hardware:
CPU - Intel i5-13400F
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite DDR4
SSD - Crucial P1 500GB CT500P1SSD8 (85% free space, OS installed)
SSD - Crucial MX500 1TB (36% free space)
HDD - Samsung HM500JI 500GB (50% free space)
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (2x8GB)

OS
Windows 11 Pro 23H2

After running DISM I got the following
CheckHealth: No component store corruption detected
ScanHealth: No component store corruption detected

After running sfc /scannow I got the following:
Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations

I tried running in safe mode but it wouldn't boot, and I was getting the VGA debug light

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Reactions: mikejlunt
May 27, 2024
Did you use the Realtek Ethernet Diagnostic Utility to remove the drivers?
No I didn't, I just removed the driver from device manager which I discovered isn't how that works. I've been given some things to run through from Microsoft so I will go through those first and then try this, thank you.

May 27, 2024
Solved. Despite being one of the first things I tried, I clearly didn't do it properly. I checked again to see if the GPU needed reseating, and straight away I could tell that it wasn't connected properly on one side. Either I need to get better at checking it, or there's a problem with it disconnecting (more likely the former). But it's solved now. Thanks for the replies.

TRENDING THREADS