[SOLVED] Slow upload and fast download on 1 device when all others fine??

Jan 20, 2021
I have BT wifi and its overall very good, all devices have fast connections speeds and run well. However my laptop seems to run at 4mbps upload and 34 download. I have another windows laptop that runs at 100mbps as do iphones, ipads sky etc..how can i Improve the upload on the laptop? it used to be fine then yesterday it has changed somehow. Its a fairly new laptop and dont usually have issues. All other devices run well and fast, can anyone help please?

Dave

Solution
I would try downloading the actual wifi driver from the laptop manufacturers website. Sometimes windows will pull down some aweful drivers with these kinds of issues. Make sure you delete the old driver properly before installing the new driver.

Otherwise, the physical pin may have popped off the wifi module. Most laptops have this accessible from underneath with a panel that's easily removed. All you have to do is pop it back on.
I would try downloading the actual wifi driver from the laptop manufacturers website. Sometimes windows will pull down some aweful drivers with these kinds of issues. Make sure you delete the old driver properly before installing the new driver.

Otherwise, the physical pin may have popped off the wifi module. Most laptops have this accessible from underneath with a panel that's easily removed. All you have to do is pop it back on.

Solution