[SOLVED] Slow Upload speed until network adapter is disabled and re-enabled

adrian555155

Commendable
May 19, 2017
Okay, so here is a weird issue. When I boot my PC and check the internet speed, my ping is 8 and my download speed is 55mbps, which is normal for me, however the upload speed is in the 3-4mbps range. This issue is fixed when I disable and enable my network adapter, and it goes back to being 18-19mbps upload speed. This issue only exists on my PC, which uses an ethernet connection. I have tested the speeds on my phone (wi fi) and its fine, aswell as my brother's PC which uses ethernet and is also good. I have tried updating drivers through device manager and even downloaded drivers straight from MSI.
Oh and my specs are:

Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming pro carbon
CPU: Intel Core I-7 9700k
GPU: GTX 1070 Ti Founders Edition

Only recently upgraded to this motherboard and CPU, from i7 6700k and rog maximus Viii hero motherboard.

Any Ideas?

Solution
I didn't set any QoS, and as far as I can tell, reseting the ethernet adapter the upload speed is as expected until I reboot my PC.
Maybe(just maybe) some software application is controlling your network, not sure. As you state when you restart and it comes with limited state, so I assume that service/app is started by system load and performs the network limit(not sure).

Another possible thing is about auto downgrade, for instance my MOBO ethernet has one option as "Green Ethernet" that will turn Gbps to Mbps automatically when it thinks, Gb is not really necessary, so something similar could be for you.

I also suggest to test the modem with a well working system(or simply using a live linux on dvd/flash) and check if the...
Sep 28, 2019
I didn't set any QoS, and as far as I can tell, reseting the ethernet adapter the upload speed is as expected until I reboot my PC.
Maybe(just maybe) some software application is controlling your network, not sure. As you state when you restart and it comes with limited state, so I assume that service/app is started by system load and performs the network limit(not sure).

Another possible thing is about auto downgrade, for instance my MOBO ethernet has one option as "Green Ethernet" that will turn Gbps to Mbps automatically when it thinks, Gb is not really necessary, so something similar could be for you.

I also suggest to test the modem with a well working system(or simply using a live linux on dvd/flash) and check if the same thing happens, if yes, then this downgrade could be from mode, otherwise, blame OS or the possible software is doing this.

Hope it helps.

Solution