Question Slow video, and choppy audio

Ken S

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Having a problem with my PC, after the windows 10 update I have been having problems with videos playing slow, and choppy sound (and with some erratic mouse problems).
This my system
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-S2PV
Processor: Intel Pentium G3220 @ 3.00 GHz
Memory: 8GB DIMM DDR3 @ 1400 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 210 1 GB
C Drive: WDC WDS100T2B0A 1TB (SATA SSD)
Other drives: WD Black 1TB, WD Green 1TB
I am using the sound from the motherboard.

When I have these problems there seems to be a bit of HHD activity, thinking it was the HHD (the WD Green 1TB) I put in a new WD Blue 1TB SSD. After a fresh install of Windows 10 I am still having the same issues. Now I'm at a loss for what to do next, I don't play games on my PC, just work, internet, and you tube video's. I know my system is outdated, but I really can't afford the latest, greatest motherboard, processor, memory, and GPU. Anyone have any idea's, or suggestions, or do I need to save up, and get a better motherboard, processer, memory, and maybe a GPU. Thanks, Ken S.

The 1st thing that inhibits performance: Nvidia GeForce 210.

2nd, (no money involved) Win10 has ALOT of background processes going on. Some seem to be absolute pigs. If you can live with the results, disable the Windows Search service. This runs in the background and indexes drive contents. You'll still be able to search, just won't have an index to speed searches up. Disable background Video recording. Clean install your graphics drivers without any 3d vision, HD audio, Geforce experience.

The list is extensive beyond that. A third party program to turn off W10 "helpful" features may prove useful to decrease background churn. One I would recommend is W10Privacy. https://www.winprivacy.de/english-home/

Ken S

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Well, it still didn't fix the problem completely. It will start doing the same thing after awhile, if I re-start it, it will be fine for awhile (it can go a hour, or a few minutes). I deleted a lot of Windows 10 junk that I'll never use also, didn't help none. I'm guessing the mother board or something else is going away :unsure: It still acts up when there is hd activity!