Slow Vista after reinstallment

rhino63

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Just recently i cleaned my hard drive, and re-installed Vista Home Premium. Ever since that, i have had trouble with my mouse pad, my typing, and even my internet. Actually, it is really hard to type this without it taking so long to write this. It seems my whole OS is slower than before along with doing daily tasks. So what i have been doing, screening for viruses, updated my laptop, my drivers, etc but it does not say anything is wrong, and it still runs slower. For instance, my mouse moves on my screen the freezes for a second then reloads, so does my typing and even watching a movie online? This has never done this before...

Can anyone tell me what i can do to make my laptop run smooth like before? Please help.

Thanks

rhino63

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
I have a Sony Vaio, VGN-AR320e, 160gb hard drive, Pentium Core 2 Duo, and i cleaned my hard drive off and replaced it with 320gb but realized that i have two hard drive ports, so i kept them both in.

So before i ever installed the second hard drive, my first one started acting up after i cleaned it. Sony was the original installers for Vista Basic, then i upgraded from Vista Basic to Premium and never had any trouble. Then i clean my hard drive, and reinstall Vista Premium but my OS is slower than before.

I have upgraded my computer to 4gb but it only reads 3gb because my OS is only 32bit and 3gb is the max. I originally thought that was the problem so i changed it back to 3gb with the same results, the to its original 2gb RAM with the same problems. Then i reinstalled Vista again with both hard drives with the same response.

Another question, my hard installed successfully, upgraded the drivers, but it does not show up. I do not know how to activate it or see in on my screen. However when i got to device manager i see there. What are you thoughts?

Thanks.

Another question, my hard installed successfully, upgraded the drivers, but it does not show up. I do not know how to activate it or see in on my screen. However when i got to device manager i see there. What are you thoughts?
If you are referring to a hard disk, then you need to make sure that it's available in Computer Management, Disk Management.