Slow WiFi speed on DSL AC68U

bejoyalex

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Hello Everyone. Let me first give a description of the setup.

I have a Fibre broadband of 200Mbps provided with a ZTE Wifi router which has a limited speed on Wifi. Hence i connected the ZTE router to my Asus DSL Ac68U via WAN Ethernet. I have disabled the Wifi on my ZTE router. Now on LAN i get approx 195Mbps however on WIFI i get slow speeds. If i stand close to router i get approx 120Mbps and few metres away on 5GHZ itself the speed comes down to 60-70Mbps. On 2.4Ghz bandwidth i don't get anymore than 40-50Mbps. Now i am sure this router should support much higher speeds. BTW i have disabled QOS on my router and i am unable to enable 802.1Q as that disconnects my internet.

Asus support seems to be the worst as they do not have any solution or knowledge. They want me to take it to a service centre and they do not have one close by. Hence the router would have to be send across to a service centre in another state in India and turnaround time is 3 weeks. I am sure there might be some solution or way i can boost the speed on WIFI.

Thanks in advance for the help.

PS: I have tried resetting the router, setting specific channel, changing the antenna direction

bejoyalex

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
But currently i am connecting my LAN via Asus router and I am getting 195mbps. Only on WiFi the speed is less. Now I understand there would be interference from walls but shouldn't the AC68U still provide WiFi speeds of more than 100mbps if am sitting in a radius of less than 10 mtrs of the router? Will setting it up as bridge mode increase the WiFi speed?

TRENDING THREADS