[SOLVED] Slow wifi speed on old laptop

nazsoyo

Honorable
Mar 17, 2018
I have an old HP 250 G1 laptop that i use daily, it has a Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 wireless card. The speeds i get when i run a speed test are around 40mbps, the max speed should be 72.2 mbps according to manufacturers website. When on my desktop pc i get a full 100mbps which is my max internet speed, this pc is fairly new as well as i bought it within the last few months.

I also notice that when using remote desktop software to connect to my desktop pc i get disconnections every hour or so.

There is a wireless card i can upgrade to -
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0
HP Part # 710661-001

Would i get better speeds with this card or does the laptop just have a bad antenna?

Solution
I have an old HP 250 G1 laptop that i use daily, it has a Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 wireless card. The speeds i get when i run a speed test are around 40mbps, the max speed should be 72.2 mbps according to manufacturers website. When on my desktop pc i get a full 100mbps which is my max internet speed, this pc is fairly new as well as i bought it within the last few months.

I also notice that when using remote desktop software to connect to my desktop pc i get disconnections every hour or so.

HP Part # 710661-001

Would i get better speeds with this card or does the laptop just have a bad antenna?
You should get higher...

kanewolf

Titan

HP Part # 710661-001

You should get higher performance with the 7260 card.

Reactions: nazsoyo
Solution