Slow Windows 7 Boot because of GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
I finished building my PC a week from now and i encountered a serious problem. I'm using a SSD as a boot drive and my boot time is around a minutes. Right after the splash screen (Boot skin) i have a black screen for a good 30 seconds and then it let me go in Windows. I'm using HDMI. In DVI and VGA there's no problem BUT when i'm in windows, it takes around 30 seconds for my mouse and keyboard to be recognized and working ... What the hell ? That PC was working fine until i tried my H100 in intake instead of exhaust. I had to remove the graphic card que unscrew the H100 mounting screws (top rad).

I'm very sure it's about the graphic card or some settings like that because when the drivers are not installed, i don't have any problems (except for the mouse and keyboard that i have to wat 30 seconds). Thanks for the help^.

My system :
Asus P8Z77-V LX
Intel Core i7 3770K
2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz
GTX 660Ti
Corsair H100
Corsair TX750M
Intel 320 120GB SSD
HDD 1TB

- The Brownie

Solution
My guess is that the SSD is not properly configured in Bios, or that you have some kind of registry issue. This is just a bump post, so that the forum members with more SSD experience will see it.

I seriously doubt that your screaming fast 660ti is the source of your boot issue, unless there is a driver or config issue.

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
My guess is that the SSD is not properly configured in Bios, or that you have some kind of registry issue. This is just a bump post, so that the forum members with more SSD experience will see it.

I seriously doubt that your screaming fast 660ti is the source of your boot issue, unless there is a driver or config issue.

Solution

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

I don't think it's the SSD either, it's newer than the system itself, i bought it tuesday. Normal boot time was less than 10 seconds until i had to remove the graphic card ... I' going to diagnosis tomorrow ... Damn

- The Brownie

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
As you stated, it's not about the graphic card. I removed it and i'm running on the integrated graphics right now. Still, my problem is not solved. When i boot up, mouse and keyboard needs 30 sec to be working. The only thing i can see is chipset or bios.

- The Brownie

Bromeh

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED !!! Yesterday, i bought a mice to my friend and he told me to try H100 as intake so i though that the problem was in my system but it was all about the mice !!! In the bios, it wasnt working and was finding this strange but yeah .. Thanks for your help anyway

- Th Brownie

Status
Not open for further replies.