Slow WinXP Boot up, P5K and Raptor

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

randomizer

Champion
Well I dont have firewire and my system still loads slow :lol: but then I dont defrag that often and I know C: is badly fragmented, but its too full to defrag. (10Gb partition, I only got a 160Gb HDD and I thought 10Gb would be fine, turns out I install more than I thought :whistle:)

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
The thing with my windows is that it is cut down to 500mb, i got rid of all the bloat... including the defragger cause it is complete arse.

I will bet money on CCC adding at least 4 bars....

This hard drive is fast as phuk 70 mb from itself to itself but the boot time sucks, i don't think it has anything to do with the hdd as far as i can see it is up to catalyst (don't think omega have anything good for the 2900 yet, someone tell me if they do.)

I think i am going to have to shut down for once. The reset button is more fun though...

I will also bet on my crappy flash drive slowing stuff down, some pc's wont even boot when it is connected, samsung rubbish.

What is NCQ? Isn't that only for seagates? checking it out.

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
I am going to turn it off and see if anything happens. So basically it is just another hyper threading bs story?

I need to make a new nlite since my upgrade this old one is looking a bit shaky.