Question Slow wired connection

timkomb57

Reputable
Oct 2, 2019
Hello there,

I got a question here that someone might know. I have a TP Link Archer C4000 router connected to my Netgear CM1000 modem. My desktop is the only thing plugged into the router, all other devices are on WIFI. I have Gigabit service at my house. My speeds are anywhere from 250 up to 400 (on a good day). If I plug my desktop directly into the modem, I am getting download speeds of around 850-950. I currently have no devices connected to WIFI. Does anyone know of any settings I can tweek to boost my wired speeds through the router?

kanewolf

Titan
Hello there,

I got a question here that someone might know. I have a TP Link Archer C4000 router connected to my Netgear CM1000 modem. My desktop is the only thing plugged into the router, all other devices are on WIFI. I have Gigabit service at my house. My speeds are anywhere from 250 up to 400 (on a good day). If I plug my desktop directly into the modem, I am getting download speeds of around 850-950. I currently have no devices connected to WIFI. Does anyone know of any settings I can tweek to boost my wired speeds through the router?
Start with a factory reset of the router. Then set just SSID, admin password, and WIFI password. See what that does.