Question Slow write speed for Samsung EVO 970 Plus 500Gb SSD m.2

May 20, 2020
I installed a newly bought Samsung EVO 970 Plus 500Gb SSD m.2 and did a benchmark and it showed that my write speed is slow. I saw the tests for the same SSD and write speed for q8t8 should be over 2k+ while I have 800 only. What could be the problem? Is my speeds even good for my computer setup and normal for this SSD?

AuU5f9K.png

B5bPujX.png

jLaplVk.png

also I have high Read Access Time (0.40 ms) instead of (0.25 as shown in reviews and tests)
Lg4I8z2.png

Last edited:
May 20, 2020
Being the C drive (the OS) can have a significant impact.
Not only is it doing this benchmark, it is also doing all that OS stuff at the same time.
I don't think it should cut write speed in 3 times. Besides I just compared ordinary users' screenshot for the same SSD model and they got C: on that SSD drive too. Speeds are 2k+ (or at least 1900) for 4KiB q8t8.

Also I tried pushing TRIM to SSD and then restarted my computer. Turned off any software in background (including my antivirus). Still 4Kib q8t8 write speed is 914 Mb/s. Not even close to 2k.

USAFRet

Titan
I don't think it should cut write speed in 3 times. Besides I just compared ordinary users' screenshot for the same SSD model and they got C: on that SSD drive too. Speeds are 2k+ (or at least 1900) for 4KiB q8t8.

Also I tried pushing TRIM to SSD and then restarted my computer. Turned off any software in background (including my antivirus). Still 4Kib q8t8 write speed is 914 Mb/s. Not even close to 2k.
Initially, you had stated:
"and write speed for q8t8 should be over 1k+ while I have 800 only. "

The diff between 1k and just under 900 is not that great, which is what my statement was based on.

Now...if it is supposed to be 2k+, and you're seeing under 900...then that is a major diff.