Slower Boot/Restart and Processing Issues

Sep 23, 2018
Recently I was playing some game on my PC. My game then crashes and I do a hard restart since I couldn't open Task Manager to close the program. Keep in mind beforehand I was having no problems with speed issues on the Hard Drive or SSD. It was until I restarted where my restart took longer than usual, around 2-3 minutes. I then proceed to boot up and it takes 5 minutes to try to boot into the system. I get in and apps and what not are taking several minutes to load in and programs are extremely slow. I'm not sure If it's a Hard Drive issue, but I checked for bad sectors and what not and I am stuck to here now. Not sure If I should reinstall drivers or fully unplug the HDD itself and replug, but I came to ask here. EDIT: I'm also having when I open different apps they will freeze and crash, making games and other tasks not possible to use.

PC Specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte - GA-H97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Seagate - Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Kingston - SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Ralston18

Titan
"Some game"?

Specifically what game and where did you get the game?

I am not one to immediately suspect malware etc, but wondering if you have run any AV software on your system?

Look at Task Manager and Resource Monitor to see what all is running and what resources are being used. May spot a bottleneck.

Also check both Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings.

Sep 23, 2018
I was just playing Fortnite casually when then it crashes. It's not the first, so I didn't think twice. I couldn't Task Manager it, so I hard shutdown, and it was until the speeds of boot/restart and everything tremendously slowed down. Now it's not just fortnite that freezes when I open it, but any other task that I do it stops, freezes, then stops responding. EDIT: It shows that I had a BlueScreen event with this 0x154_c0000006_c000009c_IMAGE_hardware_disk

Ralston18

Titan
Can you get into Safe Mode?

If not, power off and unplug the system.

Open up the case and check all cables, connections, card seatings, jumpers, etc. to ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.

Also: what PSU do you have - make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Sep 23, 2018
EVGA - 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Its around 2 years old and is in good condition. I haven't messed with it at all since I put it in at the start. The only thing really was just casual dusting.

I am also able to get into Safe Mode.

try using ddu cleaner clean out the video drivers see if they got damaged. if the pc still slow pull the gpu see if the error stops. if it still slow use msconfig and windows start up turn everything off see if your anti virus or a program got damaged.

Sep 23, 2018
So these two things with windows happened before the Bluescreen. First this (The previous system shutdown at 9:21:00 PM on ‎9/‎22/‎2018 was unexpected.) Then it was this, (The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000154 (0xffffc1092f0d8000, 0xffff9e03aefcc6b0, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092218-10890-01.dmp. Report Id: 9c72eacc-c5cc-47fb-a9b3-5519cfce12d3.)

I'm also checking the Event Viewer and it has just about the same logs after except for this (Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.), (Name resolution for the name canonicalizer.ucsuri.tcs timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.) And this newly poping up (The description for Event ID 2 from source ESRV_SVC_QUEENCREEK cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.)

Sep 23, 2018
@smorizio, I don't think it's a Video Card issue since it's revolving around processing issues and my computer having trouble to load in applications slowly and having problems with programs staying on and freezing up constantly. I think it's my HDD, but I'm looking into why it's not working too well. The only reason I don't just say "Get an SSD 1TB HD" is because it was 100% fine literally the day of the problem occurrence, but when I hard restarted my PC right after that, everything slowed down tremendously, giving me a red flag thinking its an HDD issue that popped up.

Ralston18

Titan
Drives -

Run the applicable manufacturer diagnostic tools on the two drives (Seagate and WD).

Download the diagnostics via the manufacturer's respective websites.

Be sure to back up all data beforehand and be aware that anything you do may cause more problems and loss of data.

Sep 23, 2018
Just did Diagnostics on both of my SSD and HDD. My SSD came out perfectly with no problems, but I wasn't able to complete a diagnostic on the HDD, so I'm having to do a DOS Diagnostic. Hopefully this fixes it.

Sep 23, 2018
UPDATE: I did a SeaTools DOS scan and saw my SSD being completely fine, though my HDD was showing over 60+ Errors in it. I waited it out and cleared it and repaired it all. I closed and restarted, but it didn't do anything, still having slow loading, applications taking long to load, and not being able to play games. I'm to the last resort, being I just format the drive or get a completely new Hard Drive. I don't really want to leave to either of these decisions, but I can't find any way to fix this. I don't understand how it was so abrupt and didn't make any sense why it happened all the sudden.