Slower Internet speed on windows two devices slower then my phone.

Sep 9, 2018
When I first got my internet it was nice and speedy and was getting around 250Mbps down and up. Recently i have been getting about half of what i was getting before. I only get this my desktop computer and laptop in the same room. However when checking my speeds in the same room with my phone instead i still get 250Mbps down and up. I am using an expensive WiFi adapter in my desktop. Its not my router clearly, and its not just happening with my desktop but also my laptop> Does anyone know what could be causing this? Could it be something in windows? Or something with the code between my laptop and desktop with the router what could it be? Help would be greatly appreciated.

I will give more details if needed.

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention all the networking equipment in your household seeing how this thread is located in the networking section. With that said, how did you rule out that the router isn't the culprit? Apparently it's what's connecting all the devices to the internet, correct?

You could try and turn off the router and power it up after 15 mins? Are you on the latest firmware for your router? Are all wireless adapter drivers up to date? Are you connected wirelessly to the router?

Sep 9, 2018

Well because i tested my phone on internet speed test in the same room as where my laptop and desktop are and the speeds are where they should be. It only seems to be slow on my laptop and desktop. I thought it could be my wifi adapter on my desktop but I get the same problem with my laptop all the sudden as well. I've tried restarting the router but doesn't do anything. It's not that it's not connecting to the internet I mean my speeds are fine but not where they were a couple weeks ago. Like I was getting 27mb/s download on my laptop with a steam game. On my desktop I seemed to peak around 34mb/s download. But now I'm getting around 17mbs download on my desktop now and around 10mbs on my laptop. Pretty big change from what it was.

I was thinking it was something to do with windows because I got alot of updates recently and after that it just went down hill.