[SOLVED] small 5 computer office setup

Zubati

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Hey guys, my wife is setting up a small business that will have 5 computers and 1 printer. Their software is cloud based online so not a big deal there connecting, but my question is they need to be able to have their files that they create, (xray pictures) be available on each computer. Each computer has a wired connection to the modem. Could anyone please give me the steps to set each computer up? I am assuming I will just be using the built in windows 10 workgroup feature....

Thanks all

Solution
If this is human medical data (as opposed to veterinary) then you need extra security because of HIPPA requirements.
I would probably recommend a Windows Server to handle a Windows domain for security and login. You could add storage to that host OR add a dedicated NAS (network storage). But again, I would recommend getting a consultant that works in the medical field in your country to ensure that you meet all the govt requirements.

kanewolf

Titan
If this is human medical data (as opposed to veterinary) then you need extra security because of HIPPA requirements.
I would probably recommend a Windows Server to handle a Windows domain for security and login. You could add storage to that host OR add a dedicated NAS (network storage). But again, I would recommend getting a consultant that works in the medical field in your country to ensure that you meet all the govt requirements.

Solution
If you're using a cloud-based medical management system, you probably won't have the ability to store local files. This also means the computers can be something as light as a windows thin client.

If you are creating the xray files locally, I would use a nas or cloud based file storage that complies with the HIPPA requirements.

TRENDING THREADS