[SOLVED] small buzzing noise coming from headphones when plugged into "line in"

ParaPotatoes

Prominent
Aug 29, 2020
ever since i made my new PC and upgraded to windows 10 I've had only one issue, when my headphones are plugged into the "line in" port on the back IO and set to headphones there is a loud noise that never stops. it is not as loud when i set it to speakers. and it doesn't change depending on the volume i have it set at.

Ive tried updating my drivers, all the basic changing of headphones to see if it is a problem with the headphones.

i know for a fact that it worked perfectly fine with windows 7 and my old motherboard.

motherboard: B450 aorus m
cpu: AMD ryzen 5 3600
gpu: 8gb radeon rx 580
ram: 2 8gb DDR4 vengeance LPX

Solution
If you go to "Control Panel > Sound", then right click on your headphones and select Properties, have you looked at the settings under the Enhancement tab? See if tuning them on or off helps. Also under the Advanced tab, have you tried changing the sample rate to see if that helps?
If you go to "Control Panel > Sound", then right click on your headphones and select Properties, have you looked at the settings under the Enhancement tab? See if tuning them on or off helps. Also under the Advanced tab, have you tried changing the sample rate to see if that helps?

Last edited:
Solution

ParaPotatoes

Prominent
Aug 29, 2020
If you go to "Device Manager > Sound", then right click on your headphones and select Properties, have you looked at the settings under the Enhancement tab? See if tuning them on or off helps. Also under the Advanced tab, have you tried changing the sample rate to see if that helps?
i don't know why but in my headphones properties, there is no advanced tab. there is only general, driver, details, and events. none of which have the settings you mentioned

i don't know why but in my headphones properties, there is no advanced tab. there is only general, driver, details, and events. none of which have the settings you mentioned
Are you sure you are going to "Device Manager > Sound"?

audible-exclusive-mode-properties.png