[SOLVED] Small form factor case... in a cabinet

Denz13

Distinguished
May 10, 2013
Hi all,

I have a PC hooked up to my living room TV which I use with a Xbox 360 controller exclusively (Steam Big Picture mode, no desk or keyboard/mouse). My current case is the Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, which despite the name is colossal in size for a living room PC.

I'm looking to downsize and potentially buy all new components as a result. I have a new wide TV unit with a cabinet space with the following dimensions which I'm hoping could house a small form factor PC: H650mm x D310mm x W415mm

Any suggestions on what case to purchase? The cabinet has a shelf at half height which can be removed if needed, but (could?) be kept if there's a console sized case suitable? The back board of the cabinet is that 3mm board stuff, so holes for cabling (fans?) could be cut if needed.

Cooling is obviously a concern with this proposal, is housing a SFF PC in a cabinet not recommended or are there suitable methods for doing so? Situating the PC elsewhere in the house is an option I guess, but HDMI maximum distance could be a limiting factor. Open to ideas and suggestions. If more info needed please ask.

Thanks in advance!