Question Small fps drops and stutters on high end pc

Nov 23, 2021
Hello! Ive been having this problem where games like cs go, geometry dash and maybe some other are having like these minor fps drops. Like from 144 to 132 and its very noticable. I have pretty high end pc. I cant seem to find any fixes its been plaguing me my whole life. Temperatures are fine gpu runs on like 60 degrees on warzone. Gta 5 also runs fine. But my 1tb ssd has only like 60gb free space, because of all the games. Also maybe its some rgb lighting aplication? Because i have downloaded apps like razer synapse for my keyboard or rgb fusion 2.0 which is a terrible application, but i have to use it to control the rgb on my mobo and graphics card. Im just out of ideas of what it could be. So maybe someone smarter knows what could be causing these small but noticable fps drops. Thanks.

My specs:
Intel i7-8700k
GTX 1080TI
64gb g.skill 3200mhz ram.
Aorus z370 gaming 7 mobo.
500gb ssd
1tb ssd.
be quiet! dark power pro 750watt platinum psu.

Please, any help would be appreciated.

Nov 15, 2021
Like from 144 to 132 and its very noticable.

How are the frametimes? Nvidia Geforce Experience -> CTRL + R should show you overlay witch includes frametimes. 144-132fps is only minor drop and these kind of drops happen even with high end cards, and it shouldnt feel like stuttering, unless there is something else going on. Frametimes can cause stuttering, so im guessing you are having bad frametimes.

Nov 23, 2021
How are the frametimes? Nvidia Geforce Experience -> CTRL + R should show you overlay witch includes frametimes. 144-132fps is only minor drop and these kind of drops happen even with high end cards, and it shouldnt feel like stuttering, unless there is something else going on. Frametimes can cause stuttering, so im guessing you are having bad frametimes.

Well in games like geometry dash where every frame counts it causes a noticable stutter. How do i check frametimes? Sorry not that advanced in that stuff. I opened nvidia geforce experience but when i press ctrl r i dont see anything?

Nov 23, 2021
tbh i dont think my gpu is the problem, i think something else is causing it.