Question Small freeze / stutter playing games

Apr 17, 2019
Hi, I have been randomly getting really small freezes in some games, most recently Apex. As far as I can tell it's not an fps drop my screen stops for 0.5 - 1 second long and then continues normally. It terms of performance everything else runs perfectly fine.

Below is the graphs from MSI afterburner playing Apex, you can see at the arrow it seems to start with a Core Clock drop, power drop and the voltage goes from 1 to 0 on the exact time of a freeze. The other spikes are when I have alt tabbed or the game has ended. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this or what is the cause as its driving me crazy?

View: https://imgur.com/a/wC2mxm8

My specs:
i5 8600k 3.6ghz
8gbs RAM DDR4
GTX 1060 6gb
Z370 SLI plus
SSD 860 Evo 250gb
1TB WD Blue
Seasonic Focus Plus 550W 80 Plus Gold
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B CPU cooler

Running the game off SSD and pagefile is also on SSD
Power is high performance
Origin overlay is off
Windows game mode is on

Any help would be really helpful!

Thanks

Last edited:
so just out of interest how are you connected to the GPU because I did have an issue myself that lasted over a month that was fixed by me getting a display-port cable there was a horrible stutter on my new screen it might help fix your issue I do not know.

Apr 17, 2019
so just out of interest how are you connected to the GPU because I did have an issue myself that lasted over a month that was fixed by me getting a display-port cable there was a horrible stutter on my new screen it might help fix your issue I do not know.
Hmm im using a hdmi cable. I could try give that a go thanks