[SOLVED] small green dots in lower middle of my laptop screen

Oct 12, 2019
small green dots just appeared on my laptop in the lower middle of the screen. they are only visible on black screens or screens with dark colors. They did not appear when I took a screenshot. I accidentally stepped on the computer but it was only of a fraction of a second and it wasn't my full weight. hopefully there is a way to fix this without buying new parts as I just bought this PC.

Solution
Sorry to bring you the sad message.
A laptop screen will not tolerate a load of any sort of your description.
You have killed it, not intentionally I know, but nevertheless its a dead screen.

While the screen is still working you have the chance to setup your external video out for an external monitor, setting windows to copy your screen content.
That way you will have a good functional PC, with a chance to get a larger screen second hand monitor.
An external mouse and keyboard would finish off your new setup letting the laptop lid stay closed.

This would certainly cheaply extend the life of your laptop, until you find it natural to upgrade later.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
You have killed it, not intentionally I know, but nevertheless its a dead screen.

While the screen is still working you have the chance to setup your external video out for an external monitor, setting windows to copy your screen content.
That way you will have a good functional PC, with a chance to get a larger screen second hand monitor.
An external mouse and keyboard would finish off your new setup letting the laptop lid stay closed.

This would certainly cheaply extend the life of your laptop, until you find it natural to upgrade later.

Solution
Oct 12, 2019

If that's the case I guess I'll just have to take the computer in to get the screen replaced. There's a computer repair shop down the road. It'd probably be cheaper than buying all that new stuff to effectively make the laptop more like a desktop. Thanks for the help. Not necessarily the answer I wanted but at least I know what my next step is.