Question Small MicroATX case recommendation?

FPS Scotland

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2013
So I'm doing a bit of a PC overhaul, and I've decided this time I want something smaller.

I've settled on most of the specs. Specifically here what matters is I'm going for an ASUS TUF gaming B550M Micro ATX Motherboard.
Problem is, I'm struggling to find any actually small micro ATX cases. The current case I'm using is about a decade old from a no name brand that doesn't even exist any more, and is about the same size as most mini tower cases, despite this being a mid tower with about twice the expansion (although mostly useless at this point. Who needs 4 5.25 inch bays in 2021?) as most current mini towers.
It seems like cases have certainly got bigger and bigger over the years, and I'm kind of stumped, because I don't see the point in getting a micro ATX board if the whole build isn't actually any smaller than my current one.

So, any recommendations for some reasonably small size micro ATX cases?

Budget is ideally under £80 but that's not a strict limit. The only dealbreakers are it needs at least 1 3.5inch and 1 2.5inch drive bay. Other than that I'm fairly open to anything. GPU space isn't too important, I've only got an RX 570 which is just over 230mm long, and just like everyone else on the planet I've got no hope of upgrading any time soon.

Ralston18

Titan
No (full disclosure) recommendation.

A nice, small, compact case is certainly desirable but there are trade-offs. Cooling, ease of access, etc..

My thought is to reconsider:

What all do you intend to eventually install in the case? Either by choice or by "no other choice"....

Eventually you may be able to upgrade that RX570.

Leave yourself some leeway for future growth.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

FPS Scotland

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2013
No (full disclosure) recommendation.

A nice, small, compact case is certainly desirable but there are trade-offs. Cooling, ease of access, etc..

My thought is to reconsider:

What all do you intend to eventually install in the case? Either by choice or by "no other choice"....

Eventually you may be able to upgrade that RX570.

Leave yourself some leeway for future growth.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

I'm aware the smaller you go the more problems you encounter, especially on the cooling aspect.

I'm just struggling to understand the point currently of Micro ATX boards if the cases are the same size.

I'm not looking for one of those absolutely crazy packed builds, I just want something a bit smaller than my current ATX size build, and most of the cases are only a tiny bit smaller if they even are at all.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"I just want something a bit smaller than my current ATX size build..."

Fair enough.

Just quantify "smaller" with some case measurements that are acceptable to you. Use ranges to include max to minimum sizes.

Look for cases within those ranges and your £80 budget.

Then look at each case for specific details with respect to design, bays, cable management, room for growth, etc..

Prioritize the trade-offs that you are willing to make. A case that perfectly meets your requirements vs your budget for example.