Small PC box?

Ludogorets

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2013
So a Month ago i bought new Power Supply and GPU. But when i start a game,the entire PC Box gets warm... the new GPU generates lots of heat,and my PC box is small.. I've tested the GPU Tempeture with MSI Afterburner,and it gets to 68 c max. when i run Far Cry 3... I've been wondering how to decrease the GPU Tempeture,but none worked.. i've tried removing one of the PC Box parts (the one from the Components).. and from 68C it got to 54C tempeture.. so my question is if i play games without one of the PC box parts,will it damage somehow my components? like more dust?

AMD Athlon (II) X4 641 Quad 2.8GHz

MSI AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB GDDR5 256bit

RAM: 8GB

PSU : Seasonic Bronze 520W

Sorry for my bad English :( Thanks

Solution

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished

68 degrees is actually in the acceptable temperature range. My GPU gets to the 73 degree range and it's fine. What are the temps of the rest of your components, i.e. CPU? Download Hardware Monitor or Core Temp if you don't already have one of those to check the temperatures of your CPU.

Also, when you say you removed when of the "PC Box parts" what do you mean? As in you removed one of the components from your case? Which part?

Ludogorets

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2013

the CPU got to 41c,and aboult the box parts,i ment the case.. ive removed the cover from the left,to cold the pc components inside the computer case. Again sorry for my bad english :(

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished

Your English isn't that bad, I can still understand you :)

And if you just removed the case panel it'll work just fine. Your temps are actually all very good. There's nothing wrong with them at all. PCs are supposed to get hot, and under load a lot of PCs get even a bit hotter than that.

Solution