Jun 13, 2013
My specs:

ASUS P7P55-M motherboard
Intel(R) Core™ i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2gb
Kingstone ddr3 1333mhz ram 2gb
600W power supply
Windows 10

Heres the deal, 2gb of my ram just died (had 4gb) so im down to 2gb now, things rly going slow... so decided to do a small upgrade, since my pc sucks and is old anyway, even with 4gb rams.
I ordered 2x 4gb ram so thats settled.
Now I just don't know what to upgrade my cpu or gpu, in terms of performance for gaming.
I kind of think that my gpu is a bit more "old" and bad, my cpu is also but I think the gpu is a bit more needing of an upgrade.
What would you say?

I was looking for a few used graphic cards and I can get some rly cheap ones that seem much better than mine, and im not planning to spend alot of money on any of this, so just some budget upgrade

1.Radeon RX 470 Dual X 8gb
2.GTX 1060 3gb
3.Sapphire Nitro 480 8gb

Do you think its a good idea and plan? Which of these 3 do u think is the best? They are all similar prices

Any feedback, advice?

Solution
You will get more performance from a GPU upgrade than a CPU. From those three I would go with either of the 480's since they have more VRAM. 3GB of VRAM will be used up pretty quickly is any modern AAA title at 1080p.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU? How old is it? You didn't mention which ram kit you got. I have the same processor for my little brother and I outfitted the build he has with 16GB's of DDR-1866MHz ram. His board is the Maximus III Formula so even if your board is smaller, you should be able to hit that frequency with an overclock.

As for the processor, you could get the highest it supports, an i7-860 but that would lead me to ask, how much you're actually spending.

People who do retro builds or restore old builds find that it's a very deep cut into a wallet unless you actually are hunting for deals for old parts. i can't recommend anything above a GTX1060 6GB at this point of time.

Reactions: Windows7user

Windows7user

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Make and model of your PSU? How old is it? You didn't mention which ram kit you got. I have the same processor for my little brother and I outfitted the build he has with 16GB's of DDR-1866MHz ram. His board is the Maximus III Formula so even if your board is smaller, you should be able to hit that frequency with an overclock.

As for the processor, you could get the highest it supports, an i7-860 but that would lead me to ask, how much you're actually spending.

People who do retro builds or restore old builds find that it's a very deep cut into a wallet unless you actually are hunting for deals for old parts. i can't recommend anything above a GTX1060 6GB at this point of time.

My PSU is this one:

Its like 5 years old or so

You mean which RAM I ordered? I ordered 2x Kingston DDR3, 4 GB, 1600 MHz