Small pink/purple flickering pixels on monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khalessi815

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
So just the other day i noticed while playing a game that these really small flickering pink/purple pixels appeared, so i shut it off and saw they were still on the monitor even after reseting my pc. I tested Skyrim and they appear there as well but only up in the sky around the clouds and off in the distance in mountain shadows also in buildings but only when far away,they disappear when you go up close.

I updated my GPU driver and dusted out the pc,they were still there on games on just the desktop,while browsing,in videos. The GPU does not over heat either.

I took some screen shots of it in Skyrim and when i look at the screen shot they flicker and move like they would in the game. but when i look at the screen shots on my lap top they are not there and everything is normal,when i sent the screen shots to my boyfriend he says he dont see any weird pixels either

I hooked up my pc to my t.v to test that monitor and all was good there was no pixels.

My PC is only 2 years old with an Nvidia 750 GTX Ti but the monitor is the same one i have had a long time,its about 13 years old with the old pin plug in and not an hdmi cable.

So i am wondering if its my monitor and not my GPU. I`m thinking is the monitor cause of it not showing up in screen shots and everything looking good on the other monitor?

Well the screenshots you did limit the issue to physical hardware. Normally I would have suggested testing out the GPU on a different monitor, but you already did that too.

Since it works with a different display you can almost certainly say its the monitor that is the issue, assuming you use the same cables.

Khalessi815

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015

I used a different cable with the t.v,an hdmi one.

Khalessi815

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
Well today the pixels werent there on my PCs monitor lol i tested the GPU with Rise of the Tomb Raider for 30 minutes temp didnt get above 43 C, i tested Witcher 30 mins temp didnt get above 37 C I also tested with the Heaven bench mark for a long time also and temp was 50 C. I do want to get a new monitor,but if it is the monitor would the pixels come and go like that? Maybe its a bad connection in the VGA connecter?

Thank you everyone for your help!

How old is the monitor?
Monitors can suffer with dry-joints where solder dries out and can make an intermittent connection.
This happens due to age and also where people plug and remove cables constantly, adding stress to the solder.

Khalessi815

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015

The monitor came out in 2005 so its really old and i have had it since 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.