Small portable computer with NO screen or keyboard.

Mark Newman

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
I would like to buy a portable computer without a screen or keyboard. I have everything I need at the work stations and at home. (VGA monitors, USB keyboard/mouse/power adapter.) At the moment I use a laptop, but it's cumbersome because of the screen and keyboard which I don't ever use. All I need is a device which has the memory, CPU, hard drive, etc, and the usual slots (USB, HDMI, memory card, internet, VGA, etc.)

synthaside

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
I'd ask you what you use your machines for any specific applications , Is it just browsing the Net ?

Do you have an operating system preference , Windows ? Linux ?
For a while for all my non gaming general use browsing / Media consumption i have been using this type of device
http://www.amazon.co.uk/MINIX-Amlogic-Bluetooth-Installed-Ethernet-BLACK/dp/B00L6TIWRM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1413286411&sr=8-4&keywords=minix+neo+x8

Essentially an Android mini PC think of it as a tablet without a touchscreen , you can usually install linux on them but the native android actualyl makes for a pretty good general use machine when equipped with a mouse and keyboard

If its windows your after the article posted regarding "net-tops" / mini pc's might be your solution

good luck

synthaside

Mark Newman

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
Thanks for the replies...

I didn't know what they were called... Mini PCs... I should have guessed!

Yes, it will need to run Windows 7 so I can use the apps and programs that I am using now.
I do a lot of work at home video based and the rendering means I need a good machine... i7 quad core, etc...

Thanks for the help!