small problem with windows performance options

plaudium

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
I have had a small problem regarding windows saving my changes in "Performance options" under "Adjust appearance and Performance of windows". I don't remember when this problem started but for about the last month or two, I noticed my "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing" not working (my windows would just appear and disappear when min/max them). I went to "adjust appearance and performance of windows" and noticed the box next to "Animate windows when...." wasn't checked. I checked it, hit apply and ok, then it worked. Now whenever I turn off my PC, it either resets these settings (box is unchecked) or doesn't work even though the box is checked next to it. to make it work again, I have to uncheck it and check it again. This works until I turn of off and I repeat the cycle. I am completely unsure why this is happening.

Thanks.

Probably don't need to include specs but here they are:

i7 2600k
h100i
ss 840 pro 256gb
corsair hx 750
gtx 690
dominator platinum 1866
sabertooth z77

Solution
since you've mentioned that this activity happens everytime you restart the computer,kindly look in the startup items and try disabling any unknown program or any program that your not aware off, and make sure you dont turn off any system related program

tarunkumar2

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2013
once try this out and see if it works
-open run and type regedit.msc and press enter, that should bring up the registry editor
-now navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowsMetrics
-in the right pane,double click on the entry Minanimate and then change the value to "1" if the value is "o" or vice versa and then click ok and now restart the computer and then check

plaudium

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012

Thanks for answering. I tried this but it didn't seem to fix it.

tarunkumar2

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2013
since you've mentioned that this activity happens everytime you restart the computer,kindly look in the startup items and try disabling any unknown program or any program that your not aware off, and make sure you dont turn off any system related program

Solution