small shocks when touching IO Shield

JaspherIan

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
So I bought a new PC (My first Computer)
custom but I had it assembled by someone else.
I'm worried if somethings wrong with the components, or unused cables touching something else?

This is my rig
http://imgur.com/a/QcnYb

the PSU and HDD+SSD are covered
PSU is thermaltake 600w
is there something wrong with my PSU?

My case is placed ontop of an old wooden cabinet, and my room is tile floored.
Is this a common issue? because I sometimes get shocked from other rigs too.

Thanks

Solution
not using motherboard standoffs is a BIG no no. they are really important, they keep your motherboard from shorting out from touch the metal on your case. to be honest if you didnt use standoffs you might have already done damage to major components. dont use your computer till you use motherboard standoffs. or you risk breaking your pc.

Is your Mobo on standoffs?

DukeIShere

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
i would make sure you didnt short out the motherboard by shocking it. make sure all parts of your motherboard work like ethernet and all usb ports are working fine. if not you are fine.

JaspherIan

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
Im not using mobo standoffs I think
I also got a small shock when I touched the side panel Case screw while unscrewing it

My PSU is connected to a 500W AVR.
The AVR is connected to an extension cord. (is this right?)
And the extension cord is connected to the wall outlet.
I think its the outlet, since It hasn't been checked for 5+ years

DukeIShere

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
not using motherboard standoffs is a BIG no no. they are really important, they keep your motherboard from shorting out from touch the metal on your case. to be honest if you didnt use standoffs you might have already done damage to major components. dont use your computer till you use motherboard standoffs. or you risk breaking your pc.

Solution