Small water cooling kit wanted

fatty35

Distinguished
May 29, 2007
Hi, Im modding an old .50 ammo box and turning it into a pc but size is a problem so I am wanting to get a small water cooling kit to place within the box. My budget is around $80.

Thanks

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Rubix beat me to it. Just reading the subject I was already getting ready to say that. Some company did make an all-in-one radiator, pump and block... the whole thing was like $70 or $80, but the consensus on that product was that high-end air cooling was superior at a lower price-point.

Unless you have a very specific reason for going the water route, I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Don't get me wrong, watercooling is effective and fun, but don't expect either at >$100.

I have been watercooling for almost 6 years and its not cheap to get into...but isn't bad in the long run due to the ability to keep most components on upgrades. If you have the cash, go for it, if you want to stay under your proposed budget, go for a good air cooler.

fatty35

Distinguished
May 29, 2007
Yeah I know Iv run water cooling aswel for awhile. I'v found a budget CM water cooling kit (Aquagate duo viva) for $30 but it does not come with cpu support. What will I need to make it run on a AM2 mobo. Its apparently on par with a CNPS9700 so might as well give it a shot.

http://www.directron.com/rlm4ae7e3gp.html

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Siberian Tiger kit might work OK...

Swiftech Compact kit:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6...ct_CPU_Liquid_Cooling_Kit_.html?tl=g30c83s136

I would be more apt to go that route instead...at least you could add other blocks in the future...but not with a single 1x120mm rad...

Still, not really getting far for under $80. It also makes a big difference how many/what componets you want to watercool...more = more $.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
That really isn't your problem; any waterblock will work as long as you have the correct sized fittings for the rest of the tubing. Your problem lies with the need to re-fill, purge and seal the system back up.

Also, 40L/h isn't too whoopy of a pump...if it is pushing that little of fluid through the stock blocks, who is to say it will do even that good by adding another block and X-amount of additional tubing?

I know you are going for cheap + good but those don't always go hand in hand...

cd14

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006

For that, how about a Zalman CNPS8000. Might have some mounting issues because it's flat and spreads out. Looks like they're around $40 or so. Performs all right.