Smaller alternative for Hyper 212 under £35 / $55

ChillaxedUpgrader

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Hey all

Whilst recovering from the discovery that my hyper 212 cooler will be too big for my case I decided to make an aperture with a raised window, BUT then I discovered that I can get a full refund. :) So I'm dumb, but also lucky! :)

So, I've searched the threads for suggestions for an alternative cooler, but the ones I found didn't really provide anything convincing. Particularly in the budget department.

You see, everyone says that the 212 is the best budget cooler there is. It's a hard and fast fact, no one questions it. So, if it's possible to be so categorical about this, I reckon it's possible that we could also be about an alternative.

Here's the question then:

Please could someone recommend the best possible aftermarket heatsink for my case, costing no more than £35 or £55?

My case is 18.5cm wide externally. Headroom from motherboard to side panel is about 12cm

Any help is, as always, much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
D

Thanks in advance.
D

p.s. please feel free to provide humorous comments and/or mockery about my mistake. Had plenty off the missus so a few more won't hurt.

ChillaxedUpgrader

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Ok, I'm going to reply to my own thread and select it is best answer, unless of course someone disagrees and wants to suggest a better alternative! ;-)

Based on no experience whatever other than looking at pictures on the internet, I'm suggesting the Noctua NH L9a. It's about ten pounds more expensive but still within the specified budget. Nice low profile. Reputable manufacturer.

How about it? :)